• janet frame & the tempest
Ashcroft, Bill et al (eds). The Empire Writes Back: Theory and Practice in Post-Colonial Literatures. London: Routledge, 1989.
Brown, Ruth. 'Owls Do Fry: Portrait of New Zealand?'. Landfall 44 (September, 1990).
Cobb, Noel. Prospero's Island: The Secret Alchemy at the Heart of "The Tempest". London: Coventure, 1984.
- An Angel At My Table. London: Paladin, 1987.
- 'Departures and Returns', in Writers in East-West Encounter: New Cultural Bearings. Ed. Guy Amirthanayagam. London: MacMillan Press, 1982.
- The Envoy From Mirror City. London: Paladin, 1987.
- To The Is-Land. London: Paladin, 1982.
Jacobi, Jolande. The Psychology of C.G. Jung. Trans. Ralph Manheim. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1968.
Narasimhaiah, C.D. 'Gifts of Exile', in A Sense of Exile: Essays in the Literature of the Asia-Pacific Region. Ed. Bruce Bennett. Nedlands: the Centre for Studies in Australian Literature, University of Western Australia, 1988.
Orgel, Stephen. Introduction to The Tempest by william Shakespeare. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987.
Showalter, Elaine. The Female Malady: Women, Madness and English Culture, 1830-1980. London: Virago Press, 1987.
(To be completed. Please email if you require an urgent reference.)
• An excellent online Bibliography of articles both by and about Janet Frame (and her writing), provided by the University of Auckland.
• Peter Alcock reviews [nb. the reviews are the last 3 at the bottom of the page]: JANET FRAME, The Pocket Mirror & Mona Minim and the Smell of the Sun, Auckland: Random Century N.Z. Vintage pb. 1992; & JUDITH DELL PANNY, I Have What I Gave: the fiction of Janet Frame, Wellington, Daphne Brasell Associates Press, 1992.
• Tara Hawes, "Janet Frame: The Self as Other/Othering the Self", Department of English, University of Otago, New Zealand, Deep South, v.1 n.1 (February, 1995).
• Ahila Sambamoorthy, "'The Fantastic' as a Mode of Writing in Janet Frame's Stories", Department of English, University of Otago, New Zealand, Deep South, v.3 n.2 (Winter 1997).
Return to either Section 1 of "Janet Frame and The Tempest" with sections on Storm & Island and Sea or
return to Section 2 of "Janet Frame and The Tempest" with sections on Magic and Language & Rescue or Return.